The Back Stitch is a workhorse. This stitch works with any kind of thread on any kind of fabric. You seriously may never have to learn any other stitch. But, what's the fun in that?!? Use this stitch to create clean sharp lines, trace artwork, write words, even just doodle.
- Bring the needle up through the fabric
- Then back down in the opposite direction of your planned stitch
- Come back up one stitch forward from the starting point
- Pull the thread tight, then go back down right next to your starting point
- Come back up through fabric one stitch forward
- Pull the thread tight, then go back down right next to your last stitch. Repeat!
That's it, you did it! There's a lot of power to this little stitch. It can do almost anything!