The stem stitch is a pretty little one. It's a fast stitch that works with any thread on any fabric. Use it to create outlines and follow any curve with ease. Let's give it a shot!
- Bring the needle up through the fabric
- Then at a slight angle to the desired line go back down
- Bring the needle back up in the middle of the line you just made
- Just like before, match the previous angle slightly ahead of where the needle went down before
- Continue doing this pattern creating a solid rope
It will take a little work to get this perfect, but it's by no means a hard stitch. Have fun!